Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer vacation is here!

Well today was the last day of school for my girls. I cannot believe that I am officially a mother of a 4th grader and 2nd grader! WOW. I am scared and excited all at the same time. I am scared that I will not "produce" good girls and excited that they they are healthy and smart girls. But God gave me 2 wonderful little ladies and that must mean HE trusts me with them. I am sure I will teach then from my past, present and future mistakes. I think that God directed my life that way HE did so that I could share with my girls the things I learned, and one of those was that my mom was right. UGH I hate to admit that. LOL UGH and that my aunt and uncle were ALWAYS right when they told me that I did not need a boyfriend, that is prob the first thing I am going to teach them. Boys are only trouble and stick with the best group of girls there is!!! LOL Anyhow enough of that!
Summer is here and the girls are off to day camp beginning on Monday. They will go each day 9-3. I will miss them but they will have fun and keep busy. I will be busy here with 3-5 kids each day. Monday and Fridays will be the busiest for me but Tuesday, Wed and Thursday will be light days.....Those will be the days that I will be doing "outings" as I like to call them! We should have fun.
I love my kids and hate to see them grow but love that they are growing all at the same time.
I sat here on the porch moments ago and said a short prayer for the girls and their teachers for next year. I thanked the Lord for the teachers that HE gave them and asked Him to prepare them all fro each other next year. I can't wait to sit and write my letter to the teachers and introduce us to them. Both teachers are ones I have heard nothing about, which can be good so I have a fresh slate to begin on! The girls did great on their report cards and I am proud of the progress that they both made. ALL the teachers left great comments in their little boxes and thanked that girls for such a wonderful year! That makes me proud that my girls can behave! They might be monsters 90% of the time fro me, but they can behave and do when away from me. I suppose that is the way it should be! So proud of my ladies.
On another note, I do not know where Chris will be going to school in the fall. I have him signed up for 2 places! UPK @ they YMCA, which is a preK program through the school and we have to wait upon the NYS budget to see if there will be a class and then if he gets in, it is all done by lottery! UGH, then I have him signed up for Head start, but because we are over income, he is on a wait list and the woman informed me that he is "quite a ways down" on the list. If you know me I am a planner and I hate not knowing BUT I do know that it is is Gods hands and HE knows. Chris misses the deadline for Kindergarten by 12 days and I am happy for that bc he is surely not ready for K. I am praying that he gets into teh UPK class, it is 5 days a week 1/2 days and I do love the program! A went through it 3 years ago and she did so well. Any-WHO we shall see.
Ugh cooking dinner so I should jet! Hugs to all.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you have things under control Liz!
    for now right?! :)

    ReplyDelete